Thursday, April 19, 2012

Belonging

Most of my creative juices have been going into preparations for a ladies' banquet at our church.  I'm going to speak about God's incredible love and my mind is popping with more ideas than I can squeeze into twenty minutes...there's just no end to His greatness!  If I don't share, I might burst!  ;-)

Everything is making me think of what it means to be one of His kids.  Take this fairly well-known picture:


The leader of a major world power deals with matters of state while his son plays at his feet...  Anyone else desiring an audience must fill out paperwork, pass stringent security tests, and wait for an appointed time...but not his son.

Makes me think of my Papa God.  He can deal with all the big stuff and He still has time for me too.  No formalities required.  That was all taken care of when He made me His.  I belong there in His presence.  He invites us to enter boldly, to run in with all the exuberance of a child who is confident of their Papa's love.

So let's walk right up to him
and get what he is so ready to give.
Take the mercy, accept the help.

Hebrews 4:16 MSG

No comments:

Post a Comment