Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Rescue

Do you have any challenges in your life that keep coming up over and over again?  You've done all you know to do, but are still waiting for breakthrough?  It can get so very, very wearing.

I read a verse tonight that I'm hanging on to.  Turns out I'm not the first to be in this situation...

"We were crushed and overwhelmed beyond our ability to endure...as a result we stopped relying on ourselves and learned to rely only on God, who raises the dead.  And he did rescue us from mortal danger, and he will rescue us again.  We have placed our confidence in him, and he will continue to rescue us.  And you are helping us by praying for us..."

Weariness can come from the long wait, it will definitely increase when relying on ourselves for rescue.  I need to learn how to rely on God.  More.  To remember sooner that He is the source and supply.  After all if He raised the dead, He can definitely handle this one.

He did rescue.  He will rescue.  He will continue to rescue.

Placing my confidence in Him, learning not to rely on my own ability.  Thankful, so very thankful, for friends who pray.

2 Corinthians 1:9-10

No comments:

Post a Comment