Saturday, December 3, 2011

Need and Supply

"And my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus..."

And our need...my need...is great.  He has provided my daily bread and my house is warm, I have enough clothes and I have good friends, but there is still a great aching need for more.  I have a restless hunger for more of His Spirit, Life and Love to flow into me and through me.  I need this.  There's a need for more healing, there are prayers yet unanswered and relationships that have room to grow. 

I have need...and the promise of supply.  

According to His riches in glory...  I have no idea how much that is, but "riches in glory" sounds like more than enough to fill the need.

Tomorrow morning we light the "Faith" candle in the Advent wreath and this is my declaration of faith:  He will supply.

As surely as my amaryllis insisted on growing though it was yet in the dark, cold root cellar and unwatered.  He will provide.  It is His nature...it is what He does and it cannot be contained or squelched.  It must burst forth.  

I light the candle in expectation.  Faith.  Believing...for what has not yet been seen...yet is guaranteed by His nature and promise.

For Jesus Christ, the Son of God, does not waver between "Yes" and "No."
...as God's ultimate "yes," he always does what he says.  
For all of God's promises  have been fulfiilled in Christ with a resounding, "Yes!"
And through Christ, our "Amen" 
(which means "yes")
ascends to God for His glory.

Philippians 4:19; 2 Corinthians 2:19-20

No comments:

Post a Comment