Sunday, November 13, 2011

Wake the Dawn

"...I will wake the dawn with my song."

The coming of the dawn...new beginnings...fresh starts...hope...the end of the darkness.

Is it possible to wake the dawn?  With a song?

I think so.

This I know for sure:  worship/praise/thanksgiving brings freedom, provision and miracles.

Enemies flee.  (2 Chronicles 20:21-22)

Prison walls fall down.  (Acts 16:25-28)

Provision multiplies.  (Matthew 15:36)

Hearts are encouraged and strengthened. (I Samuel 30:6)

I will wake the dawn with my song.  For every place where I long to see freedom, I will lift up my heart in worship.  For every place I see need I will thank the Provider.  In every situation where I see torment I will seek the heart of Peacemaker with worship.  Where worry and despair weigh down, I will lift up a song.

Wake the dawn.  With your song.

"My heart is confident in you, O God;
no wonder I can sing your praises with all my heart!
Wake up, lyre and harp!
I will wake the dawn with my song.
I will thank you, Lord, among all the people.
I will sing your praises among the nations.
For your unfailing love is higher than the heavens.
Your faithfulness reaches to the clouds.
Be exalted, O God, above the highest heavens.
May your glory shine over all the earth."
Psalm 108:1-5


1 comment:

  1. Such a HS inspired post. Beautiful and thought-provoking. I'm with you-let's wake the dawn and say goodbye to night.

    ReplyDelete