Friday, November 4, 2011

Love is an Action Word

Today I visited a friend with very precious little girls.  My kids love being there and it's always hard to leave.  I was trying to pull away and the little girls were hanging on, begging us to stay just a while longer.

"Don't go!"

"I need to go.  I want to go."

"Why?"

"Because Uncle Brian is at home and he's probably hungry."

Perplexed looks.  "But he's okay.  Please stay."

"He is okay and he's very kind and patient, but I still want to go make supper for him.  He's worked really hard all week--it's one of the ways he shows us he loves us.  I want to go make supper to show him that I love him... Love isn't just words.  It looks like something."

I loved their wonder-filled eyes and my wonder-filled heart.

Love doesn't have to.  It gets to and wants to.

Love is an action word.

"But God showed his great love for us by sending Christ to die for us..."
Romans 5:8a

No comments:

Post a Comment