Wednesday, November 23, 2011

The Joy of His Presence

But you are holy, You who inhabits the praises of Israel.
  Psalm 22:3

God is everywhere, yet scripture says he inhabits, lives in, is enthroned on, or dwells in the praises of His people.  Can He be everywhere and especially in praise?  Does praise attract His presence?

Of this I am certain:  as I begin to praise Him I become more aware of His presence.  Awareness of that presence makes everything so...much...better.  He's been with me all the while, never left more or forsaken me for a moment of my life, but it's the awareness that makes the difference, that strengthens me.  And in His presence there truly is fullness of joy.

So I shout His praises as I count blessings:

~  My co-workers make me laugh!  I love that.

~  My husband taught the kids this morning so I could catch up at work.

~  My daughter is at an amazing youth program tonight.  Other people are volunteering their time to make that happen...so grateful.

~  My electronic connections with people I love...staying so connected with them wouldn't be possible without it.

~  My friend Joanne was born on this date--she's enriched my life in so many ways!!  So glad God created her and gifted us.

~  The list would not be complete without including the hard things...the place of praise for that which is not yet...the faith step of giving thanks before the answer is received...  Someone I love has been waiting months for surgery that has been delayed yet again.  I yearn for a miracle of the "rise up and walk" type, but I'll shout for joy over a surgery date too.  Giving thanks for the gifts that are yet to be received... Please join me in praying and praising for Erin?

Just the highlights...the recounting of His gifts has no end.  I invite you to keep counting with me, growing in awareness of His presence, living in the fullness of joy.

You will show me the way of life,
granting me the joy of your presence
and the pleasures of living with you forever.
Psalm 16:11

2 comments:

  1. I love that my co-worker makes me laugh too! In fact the whole place lights up as soon as we hear her clicking down the hallway. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankful for "Wanda" my buddy nurse (what an unusual name...Wanda...hmmm).

    Thankful I was warm enough in a sweater and soft shell...seeing as I got home at midnight.

    Thankful for sleep. Ahahaha. Yeah. I'm thankful for sleep.

    I also am thankful for electronic connections! Can you imagine if it was, like, 40 years ago? We'd have to, like, MAIL each other stuff and it'd take a WEEK to be delivered *shudder*...(I'm using "like" a lot. Just for fun.)

    I loved BJ's quote about how thankfulness will get rid of the spirit of entitlement hanging over North America.

    ReplyDelete