Tuesday, November 15, 2011

From the Archives

It could be a coincidence, but I don't believe in them.  Today is the halfway mark in the month-long challenge to write a blog post per day.  For me personally, it's been a challenge to "stir up the gift".  I really didn't feel like I had much to say today.

My mom has been going through some old stuff and found a few things and mailed them to me thinking I'd enjoy the memories.  They arrived today.

I didn't remember the little booklet I made for her entitled "Encoragements".  It was my kids that noticed the theme and said, "You need to blog about that!"  More than thirty years ago (circa 1978) I wrote a booklet of "Encoragements" and now the subtitle to my blog is, "My purpose in writing is to encourage you..."  The subtitle on my homeschooling blog is, "A journal of encouragement..."

To discover this thread through my life stopped me in my tracks.  It was humbling and inspiring at the same time.  To see it is to recognize a gift and a destiny designed by the Creator.  The inspiration is to keep on!  He is the Source...

For God who said, "Let there be light in the darkness,"
has made this light shine in our hearts
 so we could know the glory of God that is seen in the face of Jesus Christ.
We now have this light shining in our hearts, 
but we ourselves are like fragile clay jars
containing this great treasure.
This makes it clear that our great power is from God, 
not from ourselves.
2 Corinthians 4:6-7

My encouragement for you today is to to remind you that you may feel like a fragile clay jar, but a great treasure has been placed within you!!  Stir it up and pour it out...it contains healing for the nations.

I carefully took the (yellowed!) pages of the booklet apart and scanned a few...  We'll call it a "repost from the archives."

1 comment: