Saturday, November 5, 2011

Friends

Adam and Eve lived in a beautiful garden as God's friends.  Then their glorious relationship was smashed to bits by sin.

The results were devastating.  Loneliness.  Insecurity.  Hunger for connection.

Until Jesus came and made a way back into friendship.

"...our friendship with God was restored by the death of his Son...so now we can rejoice...because Jesus has made us friends of God."

He is the best of friends.

Friends listen and they speak.

If you've never experienced this kind of friendship with God, just tell Him that you'd like Him to be your friend.

In fact, He's hoping you'll ask...

"If you hear my voice and open the door, I will come in, and we will share a meal together as friends."

Talk to Him as you would to a friend and be sure to listen too--He has things He wants to tell you.

"Ask me and I will tell you remarkable secrets..."

It could have been a lonely day, but it wasn't.  I'm really thankful for His friendship.

"My sheep hear my voice..."


"I have loved you with an everlasting love."


Romans 5:11; Revelation 3:20; Jeremiah 33:3; John 10:27; Jeremiah 31:3

No comments:

Post a Comment