Sunday, November 27, 2011

Five Senses of Christmas

The kids are decorating Christmas cookies.  They're pretty independent about it and only want my help on demand.  No unsolicited advice, thanks.  Yesterday the dough was mixed and rolled and cut and baked.  Warm ones were sampled and given an "ummmm" of approval.  Unsolicited advice is required at this point to keep them all from disappearing.  Now it's time for the really fun part.

I love listening to their conversation...they're having fun with the design, but the best part seems to be anticipating how much our guests will enjoy them.  I'm reminded once again that love looks like something...a baby in a manger, a man on a cross, and little hands decorating cookies.

Love sounds like something...  A young woman whispering, "Be it unto me according to your word."   Angels singing, "Glory to God in the highest!"  Children saying, "They're really going to love this one!"

My son thinks love smells like food cooking and that it tastes like caramel corn.

Tonight love feels like sticky hands and the warm spot in my heart that's filled with gratitude for these gifts...

No comments:

Post a Comment