Tuesday, August 16, 2011

No Emergencies

Once again, words popping out of my mouth that I'd never even thought of:  "God has never known an emergency."

Really?  They feel like emergencies to me.  Then again, I'm sure that has everything to do with my perspective.

The nasty thing about eating the fruit from the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil is that I'm constantly making judgments and decrees about what is good or evil, an "emergency" or "no problem".

And I don't have a clue.

How many times have I seen what looked like a huge problem become the platform for an incredible blessing?  I just haven't gotten into the habit of anticipating it.

I'm longing to live in a place of steady trust.  Rest.  Perfect peace that He's got it all under control.  I want my response to a perceived emergency to be expectation.  Expecting the unexpected.  Waiting for the miracle.  Childlike wonder.

"Come to me with your ears wide open.  Listen and you will find life...
My thoughts are nothing like your thoughts,'
says the Lord.
'And my ways are far beyond anything you could imagine.'"
Isaiah 55:3&8

No comments:

Post a Comment