Wednesday, June 1, 2011

The Seed Will Grow

Last weekend we planted the garden.

I love the soft and perfect smoothness of the freshly tilled soil...the perfectly straight lines...conversations with the kids about seeds and weeds...the way the kids seem to intuitively draw the parallels between the garden and life.

I love the promise every seed holds.

Once planted, all that seed requires is for me to provide the right conditions and it will grow.

Last night we turned on the sprinkler.

In two weeks I'll need to weed.

The seeds will grow. That's what seeds do.

There's been a Seed planted in my heart. Sometimes I get anxious and feel like I need to be doing something to make it grow.

As if we could somehow make a seed grow. The Creator of the seed is the one who makes it grow.


I need to vigilantly pull out the weeds of bitterness, unforgiveness, hopelessness, fear and unbelief...all the ugly stuff. I need to water it with truth. The Creator is the one the gives life to the seed. The Creator is the one who makes it bear fruit.


"Keeping our eyes on Jesus, the champion who initiates and perfects our faith."

"I am certain that God who began the good work within you, will continue his work until it is finally finished..."

"For God is working in you, giving you the desire and the power to do what pleases him..."

"He will keep you strong to the end so that you will be free from all blame on the day when our Lord Jesus Christ returns. God will do this, for he is faithful to do what he says..."

"God will make this happen, for he who calls you is faithful..."


As my son would say, "That's a LOT of truth!!!"



Hebrews 12:2; Philippians 3:6, 2:13; 1 Corinthians 1:8-9; 1Thes. 5:24

2 comments:

  1. It's not about me.... it's about Him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! I love that it is all about God doing the changing... Thanks.

    ReplyDelete